Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Devil Makes a House Call

(AP)

Well, I hate to say it....but....We told you so! I've broken just about every journalism rule I know to write that last sentence, but it had to done. Jim Edmonds had a nice little run in June/July, but he is officially out of gas and killing this team. Whatever deal he made with the devil has come due, because he isn't even making any more diving catches that he could made standing up. Now balls are just dropping in front of him and past him.

Since July, the Anti-Christ is 14-for-67 (.209 AVG) with 4 HR and 8 RBI. That is just sick, and he is still playing bad defense. I'm sure "The Loather" might be able to pull up some zone ratings and stuff, but I didn't have time to do it. His feel good story is now over and its time for Felix Pie to get a shot. At least he can hit .209 and play great defense, while ranging for a few more balls. I'm not saying Pie is going to be great, but I would take defense at this point.

There is not much to say, the Cubs are trying to give the Division away, along with home field, but the Brewers don't want it either, so I think we are safe to get into the playoffs. I just pray that Jim and Lou come to their senses and leave Jim at home for October. I still think he is a Cardinal spy, and I wonder what he has in store for us tonight. Maybe a dropped fly ball or a 6-4-3 double play. Just stop the Madness and Cut Jim Edmonds.

No comments: